Life as a couple is the most important and most intense relationship in adulthood and a source of valuable support and encouragement. However, for couples’ times of conflicts and crises are inevitable and may be a time when we are confronted with our personal boundaries. Hence, relationship distress is also the single most common reason for seeking therapy. Understandably, we tend to feel anxious that the whole relationship is over when it may just be the end of a relationship phase. Crises in our relationship can, when worked with constructively, be a chance for personal growth.
In couples counselling I will focus on exploring and identifying accurately your concerns; what each of you want in the future and how best you can bring about change and support one another in this transition. Seeking help from a psychologist is a possibility to explore personal difficulties in a well-defined, impartial and non-judgmental setting. I am here for your relationship.
I am certified in EFT, Emotionally Focused Therapy, which offers a comprehensive theory of adult love and attachment as well as a process for healing distressed relationships. EFT is now one of the best delineated and empirically validated approaches in the field of couple therapy.
Is couple counselling the right thing for us?
- You are stuck in the same old pattern- it’s exhausting and not good for either of you
- You argue all the time and it’s hurting you – and the children
- You are terrified your relationship is over but not having addressed it has not helped
- You are separated, but don’t seem to be able to let go and move on
- There has been an affair… and you have no idea if it’s possible to recover or what to do?
I can help you. In the counselling process you will gain the skills and tools necessary to create ongoing, lasting improvements in your relationship. Through a series of steps I will lead you away from the conflict deadlock into new bonding patterns.
Couples Coaching Program
By offering the couples program I want to provide a tool for growth without therapy – it is an offer for Couples who might hesitate seeking out help as issues that come up seem too small for counselling. My hope is to provide tools for couples who wish to reconnect and bring new energy to and strengthen their relationship.
The Couples Coaching Program is
an opportunity to nourish your relationship.
The Couples Coaching Program is an educational resource build on the Hold me Tight Program® developed by Sue Johnson and founded on the theory of EFT, Emotionally Focused Therapy. It is for couples interested in understanding and enhancing the quality of their relationship.
The Program presents a streamlined version of EFT. I will walk you through seven conversations that capture the defining moments in a love relationship and instructs how to shape these moments to create a secure and lasting bond. Forget about learning how to argue better or analysing your early childhood. Instead, recognize that you are emotionally engaged with your partner and focus on strengthening that emotional bond.
The Couples Coaching program is not intended to be a substitute for couples counselling. If you are experiencing significant relationship distress EFT counselling is for you.
What you will do
- communicate to a depth you have not experienced with your partner before
- understand what is happening behind the conflicts and how to stop them
- connect with your partner in an authentic manner
- address and repair hurts that have seemed impossible to heal
- 7 sessions of coaching with focus on your relationship, your needs and goals
- Structured practice of relationship tools
- Workbook with exercises to take home
- The Book “Hold me Tight”
- Summary of strategies specifically relevant to your relationship
- Free 1 hour follow up session a few months after completion of the program
- Price on request
What to expect during the program
Our 7 sessions will be a combination of theory, presentation, video clips and exercises that are proven to be effective in unfolding knowledge and insight about the dynamic of your relationship. The topics for each session are planned as are the exercises however, this being your private coaching program, we have the privilege to choose to focus on areas that are more relevant to your specific needs and goals being it conflict resolution, old hurts or your intimate life.
Details of how it works
We meet for 7 sessions. This could be weekly or biweekly. Your lives are busy and it’s hard to make time for your relationship. If you are going to work on your relationship, it still needs to work with your schedule. The program can be scheduled to fit your agenda, for example: 1 session weekly or 3,5 sessions daily on two consecutive Fridays.
Flexibility? Yes. Share your scheduling needs and we will try to find something during the working week that works for all of us. The coaching program takes place in my practice in Baar.
You may have part of your experience that you would like to keep between you. That is fine. I will leave the room when you go through that. When I come back my focus will be on the process – how the two of you act and react when topics of a sensitive or significant nature comes up between you. My focus in on your relationship. Everything that happens during the program is confidential. My primary goal is to create a safe and caring environment so you can engage in taking care of your relationship.
An investment of your time and money
You are considering investing a chunk of time and money into this; you want it to be worth it. A part of you wonders “Will I benefit?” A very sensible question that I think most of us ask before making an investment.
* The private couples program gives you tools that extend past your relationship with your partner. You will learn tools that you will carry with you for the rest of your life. Your understanding of yourself and how people relate will impact how you relate to your children, family, peers, and others also after you have completed the program.
* The program is based on the Hold me Tight® approach which has a solid theoretical foundation from the Emotionally focused Therapy developed by Dr. Sue Johnson and based on her research in relationship dynamics and is designed to maximize your ability to succeed.
* The cost is equivalent to a “feel-good weekend” but gives results that lasts. So many couples spend thousands on the perfect weekend escape hoping to connect. As fantastic as those weekends may be, reality comes back soon after the bags are unpacked. A private couple’s program is an opportunity to nourish your relationship with the benefit of bringing home memories, insight and tools to sustain your connection long after you have finished.
How to proceed?
You have decided to nurture yourself and your relationship?
Send me an e-mail with your names and a contact mobile number. Once I receive your information, I will contact you and we will discuss scheduling and lock-in your preferred time and dates and address any questions you may have.